Monday, March 17, 2008

Three Times The Charm...?

Today, VARIETY tells me...
"Peter Berg is attached to direct a bigscreen adaptation of Frank Herbert's classic sci-fi novel "Dune" for Paramount Pictures."

Dune was an epic, groundbreaking feature in 1984, then a sweeping mini series in 2000.

By the way, get the soundtrack to the 2000 Dune - Amazing.

Why on earth do we need another interpretation of "Dune"?

I will make a prediction before the film is even written.

People are tired of re-do's and this film, which will be hugely expensive, will bomb.

If Paramount is so hard up for original, ground breaking material, they should get in touch with me. I can connect them with fantastic new material.

1 comment:

Fusche said...

I am of the same opinion..both that the film will flop and that you have much better material for them :=)